Sunday, March 27, 2011

Snow Cave 2011

We had a "snow day" in which Case Western Reserve shut down (first time in 18 years). Taking advantage of this opportunity, we built a snow cave that fit almost our whole family at the same time...sadly, it melted within 2 days.

I should mention that Cleveland gets a lot of snow every year. There are many times where the entire city shuts down, and Case Western is the only facility still open. In order for Case to shut down due to snow, it has to be really, really, really bad (like it was the day we made this awesome snow cave).











Seth made a slide down the outside front of the cave.














Ethan eventually fell through the roof while climbing up to go down the slide.













Ethan builds these Lego robots, and then destroys them so quickly you have to take a picture as fast as you can.





















He looks at them so lovingly.













The boys swordfighting.

2 comments:

  1. That cave was impressive even half melted. The pictures are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a comment from a friend that I accidentally deleted, "I cannot wait for my kids to make awesome things out of LEGOs. It's gotta be one of the coolest feelings ever. And snow, jealous. I've never made a snow fort..." - Steven MacCleod

    ReplyDelete