Sunday, November 21, 2010
Beautiful
You may or may not know that I highly admire people with artistic ability, especially those who can draw. This is a skill that I wish I had, and I am always the fist to admit that my ability to render something in a 2 dimensional plane is less than mediocre. I consider my art "good" if it is recognizable by others. So today I was very pleased with myself when my 2 year old son saw some drawings I did on a chalkboard and proclaimed, "It's so...beautiful!" I proceeded to ask him what the drawings were, and he correctly identified an elephant, a sheep, and a whale in a lake. I was beaming with pride. Later this same day, I had toasted some bread to go with our dinner and placed it on the counter. My son came in the kitchen, picked up the bread plate, stared at the toast for a few seconds and repeated, "It's so...beautiful" while staring at the toast. I now question his definition of the term beautiful.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment